Wednesday, January 19, 2011

M.B., J.B. - June 27, 2008


they said, dreams are mirrors of the soul…

for two consecutive days, i slept late

i dreamed…

i went to a place, i saw two familiar persons riding their motorbikes…

this time, i was wondering why i was wearing house clothes walking the street (which i don’t even recognize)

the two persons were M.B. and J.A.

puzzled, J.A. approached me. M.B. just spared a glance and rode away.

It was J.A. who was so excited to ask how i was doing…

last night, i dreamt that i am delivering my lecture to my students
when all of a sudden, M.B. came.

I don’t know why.

Maybe, i miss their company?
and I just keep on ignoring that fact by burying myself with tons of work?

I miss the friends I gained in that place…

But I want to hear from them that they miss me too.
especially the brother i found and "lost"? and hope to regain one of these days…

looking back, i am grateful that i grabbed the opportunity to get to know
these people…

and in-between coffee and smoke and my endless lecture-making,
once in a while, i stop and think about them
and wonder what they are doing…

do they miss me?
will i ever get to see them and talk and laugh with them? will they make some effort to see me, too?
do they share the same sentiments i have for them?

then, i stop and get my 5th cup of cold coffee
and pour my energies for the lecture that i need to deliver the next day
knowing that someday all my questions for these treasured people
will soon be answered…

=(

No comments:

Post a Comment